Google+ What I Made Today: Love to Savor

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Love to Savor

I made a tomato salad to savor ... simple slices and some minced garlic, lightly salted and drizzled with olive oil ... a waning flavor of summer. I have a few more tomatoes ... green and semi-ripe, but the season is past and its flavors with it. These slices were simply divine on the toasted slices of Italian bread that accompanied the hearty vegetable stew that was dinner.

I made a little more little art too.

And the Boy came home with two jars of gel medium and a bottle of black gesso for me. He is worthy of my love. I'll keep him another day. :)

9 comments:

13moons said...

Yum. Simple ingredients are the best...especially when they are fresh...and even better, home-grown.

Anita

Home Deconomics said...

Your tomatoes sound so delicious right now! I love to drizzle balsamic on them. Yum!

You know it's funny how much one can love their gel mediums. I haven't painted anything in 2 years but I refuse to part with my gels! So many fantastic textures awaiting in those jars!

Stephanie Mosher said...

You made me hungry :D

Love your artwork!

Unknown said...

I have a girlfriend who lives far, far away and who calls her man 'the boy'. Between your description of your tomatos and reference to 'the boy' I found myself wistful for a tomato right off of the vine and ready to slice, along with a drink and chat with that friend :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I just discovered gesso the other day! It's amazing what you learn playing on blogs, lol!

Christoff Creations said...

Are those aceos? They are lovely! Peace!!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yep - those are ACEOs!

Anonymous said...

I love your leaf series. So beautiful!

Madelyn

Divaeva said...

mmmmmm - tomatoes!